19 April 2011

Weekend adventures

It was a busy weekend which leads me to writing this two days after the official end of the weekend.  It began on Saturday with weeding.  I wish I could report that the area in question was successfully de-weeded but I must disappoint.  Burrs+rocks+grass+Rocks+alfalfa+ROCKS=a very difficult area to defeat. It's halfway done, but it's windy/rainy again.  It'll get done.  Sometime.

I was able to plant some colourful flowers in the front of the house, and I had help!  My parent's neighbor, Cassie (10) was bored so I entertained her through planting then baking.  I bout a new cupcake book on Friday and as we were looking though it we found a recipe that sounded too good to not make right away: Frosted Peanut Butter Cupcakes.  Oh man, so tasty.

Since we decided to make mini-cupcakes, we had to figure out how much to put into each paper.  It turned out 1 tablespoon was the perfect amount! Then we frosted them...yum!  It was a cream cheese frosting that came out perfect with just a tint of purple!

  The perfect plate!  It was to first time I'd piped frosting on like this.  I think they turned out really well.

Today my task for the afternoon was to re-pot my poor seedlings.  They really need to get into the ground, but first I have to finish pulling weeds/rocks/alfalfa out of the place I want to put in my beds.  This will have to do for now.  Oh and my lettuce and carrots have finally sprouted!  So excited for fresh lettuce for salads!

No comments:

Post a Comment