26 March 2011

Muffins!

I hate throwing away food ingredients because I a) forgot I had them or b) bought too much of said ingredient.  Not only is it a waste of money, but it's such a waste of good food.  I found myself in this situation today with some bananas and I thought to myself "What can I do with these?"  And what came to mind but banana bread!  Except I have a problem with breads.  It's not that I don't like them, its just that I never eat them.  I either forget I made them or don't want to take the time to cut off a chunk (I know, silly, but true).  So whenever I want to make bread I make muffins instead.  They're fast, easy, and really tasty.  And I eat them.  Mmmm....they do smell good!


Here's the recipe, just in case you were curious:

Ingredients
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup applesauce or butter
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
3-4 ripe bananas, mashed
2 cups all purpose flower
1tsp baking soda

Directions
1) Preheat oven to 350F.  Prepare muffin tin.
2) Mix white sugar, brown sugar, and applesauce; add vanilla, eggs, and bananas and mix until just combined.
3) Add flour and baking soda and mix until combined (again)
4) Spoon mixture into prepared muffin tin.  (I fill each cup with a 1/4 cup)
5) Bake 20-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the muffin comes out clean.

Make about 12 muffins.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment